Autounattend.xml?

There are a couple of ways to go about this. The easiest way is to use vLite. However the Autounattend.xml file this creates is rather basic. Its' completely functional, but basic compared to all the settings that can be specified in the Autounattend file.

To create a full featured Autounattend.xml file, you'll need to download the WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Kit) from Microsoft. It's a very large download (1.1GB I believe) and you may still find two versions available. Make sure you get the 1.1 version (the one used for Vista SP1 or Server 2008) as the older one will not support Vista SP1 or Server2008.

For instructions on how to use either of these products there are quite a few posts on this site. Here's a link to a good guide to get you started with using the WAIK.

You can also find a basic Autounattend.xml file here. You may need to modify this file to meet your install needs.

Okay i have those programs...waik wont..work for some reason..when i open the .wim file img file it says it cant find catalog file..would you like to make one? i say yes then an error comes up and it wont work :S..and im using windows XP to make this vista disk btw is that still okay? or do i need windows Vista installed to make it?