Error while accessing image. - Code: 11

DStrohma

hi all, i have a problem.

i start vlite and the first i want to do is to choose the folder with the vista files (copied from an image file or from the dvd - makes no difference).

so i choose the folder and then i get this error message:

Error while accessing image. - Code: 11

always the same message....

any ideas??

i have downloaded the vista business image from my MSDNAA account and the image is perfectly fine. have also burned it - everything ok, i dont understand it...

PS: Using vLite 1.1.6 Beta 2

Edited by DStrohma

1)Is the Vista Business a 32 or 64bit?

2)Try to move the Vista files to different folder.The current folder may be write protected.Then try to choose the new folder with vLite and see if the error still occurs.If it does then maybe try a different HDD.

i can rename the folder, i can remove the write protection, i can extract the files from the image to another directory, i can copy the files from the dvd to a new directory... always the same error.

no clue

EDIT: it is a 32bit vista version and another hard disk also doesnt work. i am using vlite on winXP

Edited by DStrohma

That last part may be the key, XP as a host.

It worked on my tests but it takes one file to be of the wrong version and the Filter Manager goes to hell (thing which loads the image).

If you are familiar with virtual machines please install Vista or clean XP SP2 in one and try vLite in it.

Let me know how it goes if you try it, that would eliminate the host issue.

virtualbox 1.5.6 with a standard installation of windows xp (downloaded from msdnaa - 32bit, integrated sp2, business)

and i have installed that guest-thing on the virtual machine, nothing else installed.

downloaded the vlite selfextracting file (beta 2) and installed. when i try to run it:

post-186486-1208110069_thumb.jpg

thats just mindf***ing :wacko:

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I've got the same problem . When I choose the folder with the vista files, an error windows pops up: "code 11" .

I'm using vista. The vista folder contains vista home premium which is already activated. What should I do to create a vlited dvd? :(