Word attachment problem

hasti

When I create a Word (2000) document including some drawing elements (text boxes etc.) and email it as an attachment using Outlook Express (ver. 6), the document received by the recipients bears little resemblance to the original.

Any ideas why this happens and how I can overcome it?

Incidentally, I have established that it is not a PC/Mac incompatibility problem, and that documents without drawing elements are fine.

It's fine when I email it to myself, but I have discovered that many other people have received 'distorted' versions of the document - I do not know what version of Word they are using.

Someone has suggested that Word is not really intended to be used for layout and that drawing elements can appear differently depending on the Word settings of the person opening the document. I wonder if there is a way to embed the settings so that they are carried with the document???

Somebody else on the forum might know about forcing/embedding formatting settings in a word document. If the recipients of the document don't need to make edits, I might consider sending the document as a pdf.

Good luck Hasti