Windows PE 2004 (1.5)

Static_Nexus

Hi all,

I'm a systems admin for my company, I'm testing our new Altiris Deployment Solution for wide scale use next year. Altiris offers a customised PE 2.1 download on their site free of charge. This works perfectly and I have tested it on several machines...

HOWEVER, it appears the new PE 2.0 and 2.1 requires 512mb of ram. A lot of our older machines only have 128 - 256 mb of ram and this causes a BSOD each time. My company is part of an eOpen VLK agreement that should entitle us to download WinPE files but I cant seem to find them...

Does any one know where I can get either the Original or the Alitiris versions of Win PE 2004 & 2005? Thanks in advance!

To get WinPE v1.x (legally) you have to be one of the following:

1) Have a Enterprise Software Assurance agreement with Microsoft. (Contact your Microsoft TAM to get it)

2) Be a registered OEM with Microsoft. You can sign up on the web, but I don't know the requirements.

I do know that the WinPE basics are the same for both these, but the tool sets are slightly different. They unified the tool sets with WinPE v2.x.

To get WinPE v1.x (legally) you have to be one of the following:

1) Have a Enterprise Software Assurance agreement with Microsoft. (Contact your Microsoft TAM to get it)

2) Be a registered OEM with Microsoft. You can sign up on the web, but I don't know the requirements.

I do know that the WinPE basics are the same for both these, but the tool sets are slightly different. They unified the tool sets with WinPE v2.x.

Althought this is workaround but you can get RDP (based on Altiris) from HP (trial) which also includes WinPE you are looking for. Check the links below:

http://www.hp-altiris.com/Default.aspx?tabid=43

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers.../rdp/index.html

If i have pointed to right release the WinPE should be somewhere in \RDP\dspreboot\oem

Edited by MadBoy