Is there a way to dump stand alone progs on an install?

m0b1liz3

I have a few portable versions of software such as office etc. that are just stand alone apps that don't need to be installed.

I wondered if there is a way to dump these into a folder that will be placed on the HD during an unattended xp install made with Nlite.

Hmm, I got a warning for talking about warez in this thread?! LOL, I was talking about Open office!

Lets say the program is any stand alone software that doesn't require an installation. Lots of people are using lite or USB versions of software.

I was just trying to figure out how to dump such progs on the install disc. I read the thread on the $OEM$ method. Does that assume that I have to make that folder in the same folder where Nlite extracted the relevant XP CAB files? I have already finished my iso so don't want to have to start over again.

Can you let me know how I can get Nlite to put this folder into the install?

Thanks

this doesn't involve nlite at all. just manually make the $OEM$ folder next to (not below) your i386 folder as you can see in the image on that page. dump whatever you want to in the relevant folder e.g. $OEM$\$Progs\winrar etc. and it will be copied as is

Ok, I should have phrased my question differently.

If I make the $OEM$ folder in the same folder with I386, will Nlite Automatically incorporate it into the image or will I have to open the ISO after Nlite has made it to add the folder???

Ok, I should have phrased my question differently.

If I make the $OEM$ folder in the same folder with I386, will Nlite Automatically incorporate it into the image or will I have to open the ISO after Nlite has made it to add the folder???

No man. Do not made the image with nLite. Leave unchecked that section and made the image with other application after you copy $OEM$ in the root of the source.

What the hell are you smokin?

nLite will incorporate a $oem$ folder just fine. (Just do not select it for deletion during the remove components section) Just make sure "OEMPreInstall" is enabled in the unattended section. Then your $oem$ folders will be copied during setup.

nLite is the easiest way to make the iso once it is finished making your disk. It fully optimizes your disk and automatically sets the boot sector.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

nLite will incorporate a $oem$ folder just fine. (Just do not select it for deletion during the remove components section) Just make sure "OEMPreInstall" is enabled in the unattended section. Then your $oem$ folders will be copied during setup.

nLite is the easiest way to make the iso once it is finished making your disk. It fully optimizes your disk and automatically sets the boot sector.

i concur. sorry i wasn't clearer in my post but Kelsenellenelvian's instructions are 100% correct.

Is not your business Kel.

I know that, but I use to copy $OEM$ in the source after nLite has finished the job and then made the iso with cdimage.

Edited by radix