Guys need help plzz

gennt

Hi guys.ok i formated my computer and installed Windows Xp and installed all drivers except the sound card.My sound card is : Realtek High definiton Audio.I downloaded the drivers and installed them and restarted my computer but when im going to Control Panel it still says No audio device.I tried many other drivers but its the same thing so if anyone can help me or tell me how to fix this i would really appreciate it.Thank you

UAA is only for vista.
Wrong. To the OP, it would be wise for you to visit this link and request the UAA patch for XP. Without it, your HD audio isn't going to work no matter what drivers you use.

What is UAA ??

What is UAA ??
UAA = Universal Audio Architecture, the driver that allows XP to be able to use HD Audio chipsets. This is NOT a public hotfix (which is why you need to go to the article I linked and request it), which means you don't get it from Windows Update.

You'll need that hotfix installed before XP will recognize your HD Audio chipset.

What is UAA ??
UAA = Universal Audio Architecture, the driver that allows XP to be able to use HD Audio chipsets. This is NOT a public hotfix (which is why you need to go to the article I linked and request it), which means you don't get it from Windows Update.

You'll need that hotfix installed before XP will recognize your HD Audio chipset.

So can i download it from any website by searching it in google or something.srry not very good with these things lol.If u know any website that i can download it from plz tell me i would really appreciate it

Why should he need that patch? I've installed a few computers' Realtek HD audio drivers (including my own) in XP, and never in my life have I had to "request" a hotfix from MS support.

So why should this guy need the patch? =\

Meanwhile, have you tried the Realtek audio drivers from... well, Realtek?

Why should he need that patch? I've installed a few computers' Realtek HD audio drivers (including my own) in XP, and never in my life have I had to "request" a hotfix from MS support.

So why should this guy need the patch? =\

Meanwhile, have you tried the Realtek audio drivers from... well, Realtek?

duh... i have downloaded and tried more than 10 drivers from realtek but again its the same problem ....No Audio device

Have you tried actually installing the device through Device Manager, using "update driver"?

Is there an audio device with a yellow "!" or is there an "Unknown device" yellow "?" icon for it? In either case, can you give me the short version of the "Device Instance ID" (found on the Details tab of the properties page) - for example, my Realtek HD Audio device's ID is "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_1462745A&REV_1000\4&25AEE446&0&0001", but all I really need to know is VEN_10EC&DEV_0888.

edit: I am indisputable proof that the UAA patch is not needed for a Realtek HD audio driver to work properly.

Edited by Volatus

Have you tried actually installing the device through Device Manager, using "update driver"?

Is there an audio device with a yellow "!" or is there an "Unknown device" yellow "?" icon for it? In either case, can you give me the short version of the "Device Instance ID" (found on the Details tab of the properties page) - for example, my Realtek HD Audio device's ID is "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_1462745A&REV_1000\4&25AEE446&0&0001", but all I really need to know is VEN_10EC&DEV_0888.

edit: I am indisputable proof that the UAA patch is not needed for a Realtek HD audio driver to work properly.

The point is that is there is no yellow ! or ? i install the drivers and its all okay i restart my computer and then when i go to control panel and go to sounds and devices it still says that No audio devices were installed... !!!

Ah, so the error you're getting is in Windows, not in the installer?

So from what I'm gathering, you say there's no problem, but I don't know if that means there's an audio device listed or not. Does it show "Realtek High Definition Audio" in the audio devices area?

If so, and there's still no device listed, there may be some more things you can try out. None of which involve a UAA patch you need to request from Microsoft.