[help] runonce installer

epic

Looking for a script or a application that will allow me to enter a UNC path of an application to install/upgrade.

Ideally, I would like to enter the workstations name (ie. GRUB) then select an application (preconfigured) which this application will enter into the 'RUNONCE' registry. Once that user with administrative or power user rights logs on it will automatically run the application via the UNC path.

Would also like to add / remove / modify UNC paths to those applications (if they change).

Otherwise looking for some help to start me off with creating an application that will inject a UNC path into the 'runonce' registry upon request.

Quick sample of what I'm looking for:

User enters Hostname: GRUB

-> User selects preconfigured installer / msi / exe to install run (ie. spybot search & destroy).

-> Application / Script enters the selected preconfigured UNC path into the 'runonce' registry field.

-> User logs onto computer with administrative privs.

-> Preconfigured application (entered into runonce) runs before all services and applications are started.

Questions or clarification, please ask.

Edited by epic

This example Install.bat will start on remote machine ABC when the next user logs on. If admin rights are needed it will not run for a normal user. Just replace C:\Install.bat with the location of the file you want to run.

SET KEY1="\\ABC\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\RunOnce"

REG ADD %KEY1% /f /v "INSTALL" /d "C:\Install.bat"