Vista Download

iceangel89

That would be illegal and considered @WAREZ!
yeah if you want to try it i would use this method: http://www.msfn.org/board/Tutorial-Clean-W...ed-t102095.html

how you get your hands on the installation media is the part that we dont discuss here. :)

mmm... but won't this mean that technique can be considered warez too? cos if the Vista install is OEM, no install DVD will be provided, ... i think... ok then tho. if only OEMs dont install a whole load of crap in their distributions

but ... the license will be legal anyway? it came with my Computer! ...

:}

but the reason why i post here is because i was hoping there was a legal way to get install media. actually the media should be made free and the license is the thing that should be paid for. Vista has strong protection and is hard to crack anyway... i think... so the media should be made free to the public... my opinion...

GOOD THING!!!

i found out my school's MSDNAA has Vista for DL... so i think i can use it, without the OEM backup and stuff!

by the way, i read Vista can be activated only 3 times? true? cos if i were to use vLite and something goes wrong then i need to reinstall and reactivate again, tho i can wait 30 days to see if the vLite build is good b4 i activate.

Edited by iceangel89

basically thats a way to backup your activation info so you can reinstall without having to activate after reinstalling. If you have an OEM disc such as the one you get when you buy an OEM edition of Vista than you could use the key that came with your PC with that media and restore your backed up activation data to the same system after reformatting and reinstalling.

AFAIK, the only legal way to get installation media without buying it is asking your OEM (Dell,Gateway,Acer,HP, etc) to send you a copy.

basically thats a way to backup your activation info so you can reinstall without having to activate after reinstalling. If you have an OEM disc such as the one you get when you buy an OEM edition of Vista than you could use the key that came with your PC with that media and restore your backed up activation data to the same system after reformatting and reinstalling.

AFAIK, the only legal way to get installation media without buying it is asking your OEM (Dell,Gateway,Acer,HP, etc) to send you a copy.

but the backup is for OEM versions of Vista only?

and i didn't know i can ask for the install media from OEMs...

but i can use the MSDNAA 1... its Vista Business 32 bits < zzz i was hoping for 64bits, my lappy has 4GB RAM...