nLite and Tablet PC 2005 installation

gigiduru

i've spent the last few days building countless ISOs and VMWare-ing them. i don't know what can i do any more.

i'm just trying to slipstream a driver into a windows xp sp2 tablet PC 2005. nothing more. while the slipstreaming process is successful, the resulting cd will not ask for the second cd during installation. so i end up with a windows xp sp2 Tablet PC 2005 installation, without any of the components of the tablet PC! i am using nLite 1.4.1. if somebody was successful in doing something like i'm trying to do, will you please let me know what i need to do? Thanks a lot!

i've upgraded to 1.4.5 beta 2. i noticed that in the Supported OS is only the MCE, not the tablet. is it true?

reading some old threads i found the suggestion to "check Media center compatibility". where do you do that? i couldn't find anywhere a place to check it.

again, i am not removing any components, not doing unattended install, no tweaks, just slipstreaming a driver. the key is correct (the original disk installs tablet PC correctly with that key).

any ideas? thanks a lot!

All your issues will go away once you copy the second CD over the same folder where the first CD is copied, prior using nLite.

Then make ISO which contains both in it. If the CD is too small burn DVD image.

All your issues will go away once you copy the second CD over the same folder where the first CD is copied, prior using nLite.

i copied the contents of I386 folder from CD2 in the I386 folder of CD1. i made an iso. i've just started a new installation in vmware. i'll let you know how it goes. thanks a lot nuhi!

i copied the contents of I386 folder from CD2 in the I386 folder of CD1. i made an iso. i've just started a new installation in vmware. i'll let you know how it goes. thanks a lot nuhi!

still not working. finished installing the new version, with the contents of the second CD I386 folder copied in the I386 folder of CD1. still the same. no tablet PC functionality (on-screen keyboard, ink, journal, etc), looks like a normal xp but it says is xp tablet pc 2005 version 2002 service pack 2. any other suggestions? is there any place to check Media center of Tablet PC compatibility?

thanks a lot!

There is no i386 folder on the second cd as far as I know.

Main point here is the CMPNENTS folder from the second CD.

that did it! it works!

the I386 is buried deeply on the cd, Components\Tabletpc\I386. just copying the whole Components folder, like you said, fixed everything. i ended up with a nice tablet pc install disk, with some components removed and many tweaks applied. thank you so very much for creating this tool and for helping me!

• 9 months later...
There is no i386 folder on the second cd as far as I know.

Main point here is the CMPNENTS folder from the second CD.

that did it! it works!

the I386 is buried deeply on the cd, Components\Tabletpc\I386. just copying the whole Components folder, like you said, fixed everything. i ended up with a nice tablet pc install disk, with some components removed and many tweaks applied. thank you so very much for creating this tool and for helping me!

Please please, I´ve been trying for hours... Exactly where did you put the folder from cd 2?

Would make my week