Working with configuration sets

Hey there,

I have been playing with WDS for a while now and I have just started to dabble with Configuration Sets but still can't get them working right but I think i may be going around it the wrong way possibly.

I create my unattend.xml file and then I create my distribution share and then I make my Configuration Set, the way I have been applying images is using the boot.wim and specifying the xml file created in the Configuration Set folder by doing properties > allow unattended install etc but I am wondering because I cannot get the files to copy across if it's because I am deploying from the GUI as opposed to the command line ?

The file structure in the configuration set is something along the lines of

$oem$ ($$\System32\MyBranding\)

Autounattend Files

AutoUnattend.xml

I select that .xml file to use as the unattend one for the image i want to deploy.

Is there anything i am doing glaringly wrong, also I am curious as to editing the welcome screen using the oobe.xml, can I deploy that to machines via the $oem$ folder and still have some settings controlled from the unattend.xml file or will it overwrite some of it (i want the network select stuff to be handled without the user)

Any help would be appreciated.

Livid

Edited by Livid