How to completely hide mui installation dialogs

I'm installing mui with this commandline

StartX.exe /WAIT /B "@QUOTE@.\mui\muisetup.exe@QUOTE@ /i 0405 /d 0405 /l /f /r /s"

. Is there any way how can i make all installation dialogs disappear? Even with startx /b there is still main progressbar vissible and also some unpacking dialogs that main installer launches. :(

• 1 month later...

Finally, I found a way! :thumbup Not so "clean", but it does 90% of the job.

You'll need the following tools:

1) Window Hide.

2) Hidcon.exe (I don't remember where I downloaded it, so it's attached to this post).

The logic is to hide the MUI installation process (on screen it is shown as the progress bar) and the "Copying Files.." windows (like I said - it isn't perfect).

I first created the following batch file to search for "Copying Files..." windows and the "Installing Multilingual..." and hide them:

@echo off
TITLE HIDE_WINDOWS
:LOOP
window "*Multilingual*" /HIDE
window "Copy*" /HIDE
GOTO LOOP

I then created a batch file that starts this loop and starts the installation of the MUI pack and at the end kills the loop:

start hidcon.exe loop.cmd
muisetup.exe /i 040d /d 040d /l /f /r /s
taskkill /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq HIDE_WINDOWS" /F

Finally you enter in your CMDLINES a call for the second batch file (using hidcon.exe to hide the cmd window).

Like I said it doesn't work 100% percent' and you'll get flashing "Copying Files...", but it does most of the job.

Hidcon.zip

Edited by YMatrix