Need Vista Aero Or Basic Theme For XP

adrian2055

Hi Guys,

I need some advice. I've finally made the decision to go back to xp. I love vista, but my laptop isn't stable with vista. It runs terribly slow, constantly freezes up and overheats even after I've installed sp1 and after a year of frustration I give up. Before I downgrade I want to know is there a way that I can get the aero glass theme or even the black vista basic theme for xp. I can't deal with the awful default themes that come with xp especially that bright blue one (that was the one thing that I hated about xp). The only reason I upgraded to vista was for the aero theme (and because I got the vista anytime upgrade dvd for free without buying a new pc) so I want to try and get a theme that looks like vista for xp if that's possible. I tried the vista transformation pack, but I didn't get the results I wanted, plus my pc crashed. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adrian,

I want to recommend Windowblinds 6. The Diamond theme that comes with the basic program has transparency and blur almost exactly like Vista. Here is the link if you want to check it out:

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

You can also change icons, cursor, boot screen, logon and everything to match Vista in XP! All the programs you need are available from Stardock.

I hope this helps... :thumbup