Silent UNINSTALL of an app by installshield

ceez

hello fellow msnf-ers!

We need to remove a software from about 100 workstations and I want to figure out how to get it to silently uninstall. I got the uninstall key from the registry of one of the computers that had the app installed:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{35C30793-32F4-11D6-A043-00E081105A80}]

"DisplayName"="Fiery Remote Scan 5.1.2.6"

"UninstallString"="RunDll32 C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\INSTAL~1\\engine\\6\\INTEL3~1\\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup \"C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{35C30793-32F4-11D6-A043-00E081105A80}\\setup.exe\" remove"

"LogFile"="C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{35C30793-32F4-11D6-A043-00E081105A80}\\setup.ilg"

"Version"="5.1.2.6"

As you can see this is the uninstall string:

"RunDll32 C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\INSTAL~1\\engine\\6\\INTEL3~1\\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup \"C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{35C30793-32F4-11D6-A043-00E081105A80}\\setup.exe\" remove"

When I run that command from the RUN box, CMD window or a batch file I get the progress bar and then the "are you sure you want uninstall...." [yes]|[no] option.

How can I avoid that? I want to be able to put that uninstall command in a logon script and have it removed at login.

How can I accomplish this? I went to the installshield command line help online but it only talks about silent installs.

Can someone help me out with this?

thanks,

ceez

:thumbup

ps: I tried the /qn | /s | /silent options as switches and had no luck. :(

Edited by ceez

If AutoIt can be used in this situation, compile this:

$sUninstall = 'C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\INSTAL~1\\engine\\6\\INTEL3~1\\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup ' & _

'"C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{35C30793-32F4-11D6-A043-00E081105A80}\\setup.exe" remove'

ShellExecute('RunDll32.exe', $sUninstall)

WinWait("Confirm File Deletion", "")

WinActivate("Confirm File Deletion", "")

ControlClick("Confirm File Deletion", "", "Button1")

and run.

Edited by radix

@radix, do I need to install AUTOIT on each workstation or do i just install on mine, pop in that code and save as what I assume could be a batch file. am I correct in this assumption?

thanks

ps- I just installed and dont quite get it....I opened the SciTE Script Editor and pasted the code, but when I save I dont know what extension to save as, the save as type field is just an empty drop down box. how do i do this?!?! :confused

ps2- Ok so I found their documentation in their website and read the following. I followed the steps in creating a new script, pasted the code above that you provided and saved the file.

now when I double click on the au3 file (uninstall.au3) I get the following AutoIT error:

---------------------------

AutoIt Error

Line 13 (File "C:\Documents and Settings\CRamirez\Desktop\ProcessMonitor\uninstall.au3"):

$sUninstall = 'C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\INSTAL~1\\engine\\6\\INTEL3~1\\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup ' &

$sUninstall = ^ ERROR

Error: Error in expression.

OK

Looks like an interesting little app, I'll just need to do ALOT of reading!

thanks again as I continue to tinker with it! :)

ps3- LOL! Ok so I got rid of the error by puting the first two lines in your original quote into a single line:

$sUninstall = 'C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\INSTAL~1\\engine\\6\\INTEL3~1\\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup ' & '"C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{35C30793-32F4-11D6-A043-00E081105A80}\\setup.exe" remove'

It ran the script and it performed the correct "clicks". Now to figure out how to make it click on the [FINISH] button on the last window which confirms the uninstall process.

Thanks again!

Edited by ceez

Nothing wrong in my previous code. Problem is with editing the post. On AutoIt forum they have

a special codebox for AutoIt script. The codebox from this forum is not 100% proper for this type of code. I understanded this yesterday.

Download the attachment file. Install AutoIt and compile the file(r. click->compile).

You don't need to install AutoIt on all machines. Just run the compiled exe file.

Fiery_uninstaller.au3

Edited by radix