CPU performance is very hyper

zizazen

I installed Vista Business 64 with vLite. But the cpu performance is very hyper. It's going from 0% to appr. 90% all the time. And in the processes there is a svchost using 160mb!

So i formatted my hd and installed the original Vista dvd. And everything is normal. I didn't install Vista updates.

So what causes this problem?

My configuration: Intel P35 / Intel core 2 E6850 3.0GHz FSB1333 / Kingston DDR2 800 (8GB) / Seagate 500 gb s-ata barracuda / 2x WD Raptor 36 BG (scratch Photoshop) / 1x 40BGB s-ata (Virtual memory Windows) / Asus EN8600GT 512mb graphic card / Vista Business 64bit

Edited by zizazen

You had some installed application issue or something, never seen that. Also update all your drivers, chipset, hdd controller.

Svchost taking so much is Superfetch service, full vista has it as well. Enable it and let it for a few days to collect cache.

Hey Nuhi,

I disabled Superfetch and some more services. And i installed the latest drivers. And it seems that the cpu is less hyperactive. Sometimes the performance window shows a peak. This is my photoshop pc and Photoshop is the only application that's running. So i don't need Superfetch.

Edited by zizazen