Large icons in taskbar and double space in IE favorites

The Magnifier in Windows suddenly appeared, and in my efforts to get rid of it (which I did) I now have another problem.

The icons in my task bar have enlarged and, in Internet Explorer, my "Favorites" drop down menu appear double spaced, which is a huge pita. The IE icon in the taskbar, especially looks larger and out-of-focus, as an enlarged jpeg would look.

I know somehow both are related to the accessiblity options area of windows, but I've tried everything and can't figure out how to make normal sized, in-focus icons in the task bar, and also how to revert back to the normal, single space "favorites" drop down menu I used to have.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Thank you, Luxman! It worked!

I had no idea System Restore even existed. None of the changes I made looked familiar to me, but I went back to the point that I knew things were working ok.

Thank you so much for your help :thumbup

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I am new to this forum and hoping to get help. My 6 yr-old daughter was playing on my 2000 Gateway laptop which is running windows 98SE and all my boxes/fonts and everything is enlarged. I feel like my eyes are swollen when I look at the screen. I've tried to go into accessories to look for a magnifier program but it tells me I do not have this installed on my computer. This happened once before a few yrs ago but I totally forgot how I fixed it. Everything is huge, the task bars, the fonts, the dialog boxes, the icons, the mouse pointer, everything! This is so annoying, and I have to use the scroll bars just to see an entire web page or word doc. Can anyone help? Please??

Thanks.....Frustrated Mom!

Hi,

I am new to this forum and hoping to get help. My 6 yr-old daughter was playing on my 2000 Gateway laptop which is running windows 98SE and all my boxes/fonts and everything is enlarged. I feel like my eyes are swollen when I look at the screen. I've tried to go into accessories to look for a magnifier program but it tells me I do not have this installed on my computer. This happened once before a few yrs ago but I totally forgot how I fixed it. Everything is huge, the task bars, the fonts, the dialog boxes, the icons, the mouse pointer, everything! This is so annoying, and I have to use the scroll bars just to see an entire web page or word doc. Can anyone help? Please??

Thanks.....Frustrated Mom!

It's a while since I used Win 98SE but I think it's just the same procedure for adjusting the screen resolution as XP.

Right-click your desktop. Select Properties > Settings. Move the Screen resolution slider all the way to the right. Click Apply. This should fix it.