Windows Media Center 2005 versions and SFC

I have MCE OEM Install on a Dell XPS 400. I, of course, had to order installation disks to re-install the OS after my system corrupted. The OS came with SP2 on one disk. It is obviously based on Windows XP Home. I have no access to MMC or any other Pro features.

I recently did a MCE OEM build for my daughter and MCE came on three disks, two for MCE and one Update and Hotfix Disk. The first appears to be Windows XP Pro. The second appears to be the MCE files.

It appears that this version of MCE is based on Windows XP Pro. I have not gone thru everything I know to be a Pro feature but I have not run across a Pro feature that I could not use while setting her computer up. Anyone have any feedback or anything to offer on this subject?

When Installing and when running SFC, the disks are referred to as "Windows XP Pro Disks One, Two and Update." SFC has no problem with disks One and Two if I put in the appropriate Disk (checked disk label number) regardless of the verbose mis-labeling. SFC asks for the disk that is labeled "Windows XP Update Disk" and I can verify by the label number thet the correct disk is in the drive but it apparently can not extract files needed for the cache. Any Idea what is going on??

Edited by Scorpius Maximus