Windows Firewall Issue

baileyphil

Hi Everyone

Wondering if somebody could be of some help with a problem im having, ill try to explain it as best i can but feel free to ask questions :blink:

Got a Windows XP machine that is using a database program which sync's though port 65100, now i have 3 other machines thats working perfect, i just have one that cant find the sync server??

Now im thinking windows firewall is blocking the port, so i thought telnet, now if i try to use telnet with the name of the server "telnet rs0 65100" i get no joy, now if i use the server ip address it connects "telnet 192.168.16.2 65100"

Now when i have checked the firewall logs in Windows XP its reporting letting port 65100 when i sync the database, only issue is its destination its syncing to is 192.168.16.1 which doesnt exist.

Im assuming the fact i cant telnet the server name is kinda the issue, but not to sure were to go from here.

Anyone got any advise or resolutions, they would be very gratefully received as im pulling my hair out currently :realmad:

Thanks in advance

Phil :thumbup

it sounds like this paticular machine has an incorrect DNS server specified. try doing an ipconfig/all on all the ocs and compare what they have listed as their DNS server. Im sure the one with the issue will be different :)

cheers

Many Thanks for the reply

Managed to work this one out actually, the server name was resolving to the wrong IP adress, changed it in the hosts file to the right IP and all working fine

Thanks again anyway :thumbup

Happy Bunny now :w00t: