nLite RunOnce GUI Tab vs RunOnceEX file

ki_supergeek

Is the RunOnceEx.cmd file transparent to nLite?

If I have a RunOnce.cmd file in the $OEM$ root, does nLite automatically know to run it or do I need to point to it somehow in the GUI?

Is the "RunOnce" tab in the GUI the same thing as RunOnce EX, or just commands that run one time after logon, but do not include commands in the RunOnce.cmd file?

I have a cmdlines.txt file and have used RunOnceEX many times while building and testing the unattended application install scripts. I know how RunOnceEX works, but how does it apply when using nLite to build the image?

The last DVD I created did not run RunOnceEX to install my applications after the base windows install, which is the reason for my question. I want to make sure I do this next pass with nLite the right way so RunOnceEX will work correctly.

I did look for the answer myself, but I'm under time pressure and need a quick answer.

The fact that RunOnce in nLite and Windows RunOnceEX have almost the same name is a bit confusing.

Any help would be much appreciated....!

Thanks in advance.....!

nLite's 'Runonce' section just adds a batchfile(nlite.cmd) to winnt.sif's 'GuiRunOnce' section.

It's your own responsibility to get your batchfile executed during setup, so that means you make your changes to cmdlines.txt, winnt.sif or nLite's 'Runonce' section, before you make the ISO with nLite or cdimage.exe.