Installation errors after vLite

siefert

vLite'd in xp and vista and get same error both times. I get to the Vista install screen where you pick your installation location and it says "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation." I have a vLite with all the drivers and without and both get same error even after load'ing the appropriate driver(nvidia 680i chipset). It sees the drive but won't install to it. It works normally from the unmodified install disk. What could I be taking out that is causing this error?

I had the exact same issue once, but after a format of the target partition in the installer and a reboot Vista installed just fine. It could also be your installation media, try using a CDR/DVDR or if you must use a CDRW/DVDRW burn it at the lowest speed and verify the data after it has been burned (most burning tools have an option for that, nero does for sure). I hope this helps.

Edited by blerk

Will try the format thing. Its on a normal cd-r and both burns verified ok. Thanks for responding edit: It looks like that worked! I was dual booting vista and linux and I think it read grub and saw it as a non-bootable drive.

Edited by siefert

Don't double post.

Does the full Vista fails the same, that section can only be influenced by Unattended - Select this version on install option and Storage Controllers removed.

Edited by nuhi