DNS

Hi all,

Neophyte here, please be gentle.

We want our internal users to be able to access their company email via web based functionality(Instead of Outlook, Thunderbird etc) through an assigned Domain name versus IP...Our external user have no problems using the web version from outside of our network as it is being resolved by their own providers DNS.

Is this something that can be accomplished through NAT, LMHOST...Am I trying to split atoms here all together?

Now the crappy part, we are running a Novell network with IP/IPX bound, so we do not have WINS or DNS Servers...All PC's are part of the same work group..I know, I know...Very painful, but we are slowly changing over to MS...We do have a terminal server running Server 2003, is this something that I can use to help remedy my DNS demise?

Any and all advice, criticism's and words of encouragement are greatly appreciated and will one day be payed forward by me.

Thanks in advance.

i'm sure other readers with more experience in this situation will chime in, but the only way I can think of is to alter each user's hosts file and put the hostname and IP in so it resolves. I assume your workstations are on MS Windows since you are posting your question on this website