cmd scripts for password protected accounts

hello friends :)

i want to use the below script as backup solution:

xcopy /E /Y /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\alper\Desktop\*.*" "D:\backup\alper\*.*"

this script is for the account called alper which is password protected. but i wanna run this script from another account which is unprotected but it doesnt work for the account alper is password protected. so how can i solve this problem ?

thanks in advance :)

You might want to look into Scheduled Tasks.

You can then set a computer to run a specific task every day/ week etc as you want. And you also set the username / password you want the scheduled task to run as.

You dont have to be logged into the PC, just the PC has to be turned on is all.

I prefare Robocopy for copying my data.

robocopy source destination /e /purge /x / tee /L:Logfile /XO /B - I think these are the settings I use.

The beauty of Robocopy - If the file time stamp hasnt change, and the file size is the same - It wont make another copy on the destination if it exists.

hey friends :)

thanks for your suggestions. but what i do is; when i need to reinstall windows, i backup some files from certain folders as in my question. so i just clik on the batch file and it moves\copies my files to D: partition. at this stage some files from password protected account doesnt move to D: partition. i just want to overcome this difficulty.

i know that there is a command to solve this issue and i need it. so please help me about it...