Internet games missing

stubradley1

Hi all not sure how I have done ths but I have been playing with nlite to make my normal xp pro into an unattended version.

All seemed to go well I have formatted my drive and done a clean unattended install, but.....

My other half likes to play internet reversi and I cant seem to find out how to reinstall it.

In fact I cant find it full stop.

Its not in the add windows/games department all I have in there is the normal non internet games.

Can anything be done or do I have to start from scratch again?

Many thanks looking forward to your reply. :rolleyes:

As you didn't include your session information, I can only assume (I'm 99,999999% sure ;)) that you removed these games from your installation source using nLite. If you would have read the nLite FAQ, you would have read that reinstalling removed components is most of the time not possible or very difficult to do, which would mean that you will need to start over from scratch.

But what I wonder is why you or anyone else for that matter would even bother to remove any components at all from your installation source? This can only cause troubles in the future. If I don't want certain applications not to install, such as these games, I simply don't have them install during my unattended setup. Why would I want to remove them from my source? Removing them only causes problems such as yours. Removing them because it gives you more space on your installation disc? I use DVD's, so I've got plenty of space ;) Ah well, enough ranting ;)

I'm a bit new to this, but as far as I remember I didnt remove anything.

All I did was basicaly make it unattended and create a new iso.

I'm sure I will get the hang of it soon.

So Your saying that there is no way to reinstall the internet games?

I'm a bit new to this, but as far as I remember I didnt remove anything.

All I did was basicaly make it unattended and create a new iso.

I'm sure I will get the hang of it soon.

As you didn't include your session information, I can only assume (I'm 99,999999% sure ;)) that you removed these games from your installation source using nLite.

Attach your last session information.

So Your saying that there is no way to reinstall the internet games?
If you would have read the nLite FAQ, you would have read that reinstalling removed components is most of the time not possible or very difficult to do, which would mean that you will need to start over from scratch.

According to the nLite FAQ.

Edited by Arie

Well internet games might be easier to return since they are usually in the Cpanel - Components. It would require just extracting one dll, inf and adding a line to Sysoc.

Anyway lets first see if you removed it.

Edited by nuhi