IE7 Hijacked?

Please forgive me if this has already been covered elsewhere in the forum...

This morning when I used my machine I opened IE7 [on XP Pro w/SP2] and instead of navigating to my homepage [google] the address bar read 'http://www.yahoo.com' and the browser window had "do you yahoo?" in big bold print. Attempts to go to other websites that I typed in failed, as well as, using the links in my "Favorites". However, this problem 'seems' to have stopped. I ran adaware, spybot s&d, and symantec endpoint protection scanned my entire machine, and nothing has come up. I used ccleaner to clean files and fix regisrty issues [i do this on a daily basis, too]. I just want to be sure this problem is fixed; especially because this is my work computer.

I have also tried to install Windows Defender, but was unsuccessful [got an error about privileges to start systems process, same as what Windows 2000 user get]. Could this be related?

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

1. There is a special section for these kinds of questions here. Please ask a moderator to move your topic.

2. To me it sounds like you simply installed the Yahoo! Toolbar. Have you checked your machine for suspicious processes using Process Explorer for example and HijackThis?

I don't have Yahoo Toolbar installed...but it may not matter. It appears that everything is back to normal :huh: . I ran Process Explorer and HiJackThis and neither one found anything suspicious (well, suspicious to me, anyway).

For what it's worth, thanks for the help :thumbup .