Heavy change in Windows XP, 3D-GUI

3-R4Z0R

Hello guys!

I've been working really hard the last two days with my newest idea: Making Windows XP draw windows in 3D. After my research until now it seems fully possible to draw the windows in 3D, because somewhere those Windows are rendered to memory and not directly to the screen.

More Info

After I found this link I knew exactly where to start searching. And boy, he was right with PrintWindow() and the underlying functions. At the moment I'm researching the _GetDCEx() function, since it's there I get the Device context from which _NtGdiBitBlt() copies window content to the Device Context supplied in PrintWindow().

After getting down to the point that I know where the windows are rendered to (right now I'm researching about a window structure found by siwu), I'm going to read up about kernel-mode programming. This is needed, since the windows aren't rendered to user-space and hence aren't accessible with normal programs.

It has to be a kernel-driver that stops windows from drawing windows on screen with the normal routines (still having to research about that) and by itself drawing the windows through DirectX on the screen.

If there are any people here interested in joining me in my quest I would be really happy. I'm going to need somebody able of helping me with reverse-engineering all the needed functions and structures from win32k.sys (and more to come) and especially someone used to programming C++ for the kernel-mode drivers. Personally I'm not good enough at programming C++ for this task.

Greetings 3-R4Z0R

Edited by 3-R4Z0R