Windows XP Pro Nlited getting Explorer.exe memory can not be read erro

bouncer2007

Hello Everyone,

I recently completed an Nlited version of Windows XP Pro with all of the latest security updates and Windows Media Player 11 Office 2003 fully servicepacked. This also has the the novell client on it and zenworks 7 sp1

Everything works great except this issue.

If I open any office program and then logoff I get an Explorer.exe error saying the following

Application popup: Explorer.EXE - Application Error : The instruction at "0x0102c7ea" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "read".

the computer will then come up with the end task box saying it is trying to end the program but it does not end and the system will not shutdown or logoff until I either hit cancel or OK to debug the error.

Now what I did discover is if I open all the Microsoft Office programs a seperate window pops up asking to partcipate in the office improvement program. If I tell it no and close it then shutdown and reboot the system log back in as administrator I am able to open and close any of the office programs and logoff with no further issues.

However this does not stop the problem if I open other non windows Executibles such as a program called

Fast ForWord and close it I get the same error message again when I go to shutdown or logoff.

I am not getting a minidump file or any sort of dump file. I have watched process explorer and some of the same dlls I see in use are

user32.dll

userenc.dll

kernel32.dll

these have a build date of when I created my Nlited install.

Any help would be appreciated in how to track this down this is the only problem I am getting with this. It creates a big problem though because we remotely manage workstations and we power them off everynight. This error causes the computer not to logoff, power off or reboot. Other then that it works perfect with everything else.