Outlook Express lost email

MAX691KTM

A few years ago I lost ALL of the INBOX email in Outlook Express (I know, one should learn).

The other day all email after the 14/09/2007 have been wiped out

The inbox folder shows me that there are new messages - but doesn't show them to me. If I click - at start - view messages, the INBOX folder goes to 0 – and I cannot view the messages.

ALL the other folders are fine. Any ideas please. I have been told that it is a bug in the OE system - but there must be a way to read my email without losing them!?

(options like - delete and install OE again / use other email software / are options for the future but with 37 email addresses I need to find my solution now and way later on).

THANK YOU !!

Search your hard drive for DBX-files. Your e-mails might still be in there. You can open these with Notepad for example.

Thank you

Strange!? no DBX files came up ??

I copied everything on a CD and I suppose I can look at it in another PC.

The INBOX folder has several email messages - I know that if I click on the Inbox folder they will just disappear; hence I cannot even read them or know where they are coming from ??????????

As from yesterday - I used the laptop. However today the laptop is NOT showing the SENT messages. There is no reason why two separate computers should behave erratically.

Is there some sort of worldwide virus? (within the mainframe/server?) – I dare not start PC No. 3

Edited by MAX691KTM

Can also depend on the configs you are using in the accounts settings. If on one computer you consult the server and on the other one you download and remove from server, it is normal that the inbox shows zero items on the 1st one after you've used the 2nd one. Just an idea.