Win98 OS usage statistics up?!

the xt guy

According to the following website:

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

usage of Windows 98 as an OS has gone up (in the period from Oct. 2007 to Dec 2007) from 0.9% to 1.3%.

That's an increase of nearly 50%! Does this mean we can say (at least somewhere in the world, among some subset of users) that Windows 98 usage has increased by nearly 50%?

According to the following website:

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

usage of Windows 98 as an OS has gone up (in the period from Oct. 2007 to Dec 2007) from 0.9% to 1.3%.

That's an increase of nearly 50%! Does this mean we can say (at least somewhere in the world, among some subset of users) that Windows 98 usage has increased by nearly 50%?

statistically speaking the figures are only a very rough guide, i would say that this says that usage has stabilised somewhat and isn't going to drop sharply anytime soon. Thanks for posting this, as i do the Auto-Patcher for Windows 98 its good to know i still have a client base!

Well 98 is the last real Windows OS that stays true and logically can support all Windows previous programs. All we need is a list of programs that is usable in DOS and all previous windows or anything else that can be accessed and tada 98 is here forever.

Also when you go to websites some how there is a script that can read your OS, IP Address, and even Bios. Everytime somebody using a 98 machine access one of these pages or connects to a service they could tell.

Also it might be a mistake since they may be talking about ME or even 95 that is on the Network.

I love 98. It can run most newer games with no flaws, It is stable stand alone, and has so much support. I only wish newer programs like Quark X and Microsoft Works X would have support threw hacks or even upgrades like Open Office.

Back then ( I mean 2000 or when XP was out ) the most used OS was Windows 95. Everywhere you can find windows 95 installed on a machine.