Alternative RunOnceEx

This is awesome, great job mate.

I have one problem, I noticed when my apps were installing one tried to uninstall, meaning it was already installed, I did not think anything of it untill my next test and I dragged the window and there was an identical one behind it, so I have two of the same windows installing the same stuff.

I have looked around but have no idea why this would happen any idea's ?

Thanks

Sull

EDIT: I notice in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\run I see RunOnceEX.exe /r why is this here ?

Edited by Sull

I will test and report back

Thanks

EDIT: I am not sure if it was to do with the last bug, I am not very familiar with RunOnceEX, how would I install some apps from RunOnceEX, reboot then start some more apps from the same spot ?

Edited by Sull

That's usually not possible, as the application entry's are deleted at the end of application runs, but you can add a .bat or .cmd file to the RunOnceEx2 key, which adds the new applications to the RunOnceEx key, but this will show a secound RunOnceEx window after the first (because you use the RunOnceEx2 key).

Yeah I actually got confused, I do not need to restart, I do need to run more than one window though

To run more than one window I would just add the RunOnceEX2.cmd to the end of RunOnceEX.cmd correct ?

I did not have time to test before work, I will continue testing tonight.

Thanks for the help and the great app.

Sorry I am confused.

I will make an example of what I have, tell me what is wrong here

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce /V "Alternative RunOnceEx by Ruby Software" /D "Insert path to the installer here!!! /verysilent" /f

SET KEY="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Ruby Software\RunOnceEx"

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY% /V TEXT /D "Please wait while Windows installs the following applications:" /f

REG ADD %KEY% /V PNG /D "$OLD" /f

REG ADD %KEY% /V PNG_arrow /D "$OLD" /f

REG ADD %KEY% /V PNG_success /D "$NONE" /f

REG ADD %KEY% /V FONT /D "MS Sans Serif" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 6" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\AdobeReader6\AR6.msi /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Alcohol 120" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\alcohol\setup.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\alcohol\register.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Diskeeper 8" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\DiskeeperPro_8.0.459.exe /s /v/qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Importing Registry Tweaks" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\regtweaks.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\RunOnceEX2.cmd" /f

EXIT

I just used your example and added the last entry, that is how mine looks. I did use your editor to change icons etc, I then wrote the rest of the reg entries to the RunOnceEX.cmd myself.

This:

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce /V "Alternative RunOnceEx by Ruby Software" /D "Insert path to the installer here!!! /verysilent" /f

You should replace Insert path to the installer here!!! with the path to the installer (e.g. %systemdrive%\RunOnceEx.exe)

I am not sure if this is an issue or not ?

My first RunOnceEX window loads fine, when my second window loads, windows loads as well, I thought both of my RunOnceEX windows should run before windows loads up ie task bar is showing

Edited by Sull

I am still having 2 of the same window pop up, first one pops up and then right after the driver packs finisher ends the second willstart. I have tried executing RunOnceEX.cmd from GuiRunonce so it would start after the finisher but I get the same isssue. What am I missing here ??

You aren't doing anything wrong. Windows just starts after RunOnceEx.exe is finished, but that RunOnceEx calls itself again because another window must be loaded. Windows doesn't wait for that other instance of RunOnceEx.exe which is running. I'll try to fix this.