Hi,I cant get vista to recognise my USB's

bubblegumbootz

First post on this,just been searching for an answer to my problem with my pc,wellI had XP on my pc and decided to get vista,i was really pleased with it,then I decided ok iw ant to use my digital camera,I tried reinstalling it...wont work,the other problem is I have Itunes,and before it worked fine,but I cant get my Itiunes to recognise my Ipod anymore,so it seem like I cant get the USB's to work,any one know what to do?

Well i have been told I have to download new drivers for my USB's,i tried windows update and searched on there and stil cant find what I need,any help would be appreciated very much thanx.

can you tell us a little about the computer?

is it a store bought? what motherboard do you have? any more information would be helpful

Well my PC was bought in PC world I have asked them and they says I have to download new USB drivers from the microsoft site,but I looked and they arent there,actually I am not sure if windows update is microsoft?

I think it is,my PC is a compaq and it says SR1000 onn the label,I am ot sure how to find out what mother board I have but I will try and find out,I really need to get this fixed,mostly for my Ipod and plugging my digital camera in,its a real shame coz I realy like vista it looks good,and if you can help...thanks.