is it really sleeping?

shecho

I just got a new presario with vista on it. Have been "sleeping" it when not in use....thought it was working. Hit sleep button and screen shuts down to Power Save Mode (I then turn off monitor)... power button on tower goes yellow.....so I assume it is asleep. BUT if I come back in a few minutes, the power button is green again and when I turn on the monitor the screen is activated.

Is this right...or should the power button stay yellow? All info on the pc says you have to hit the power button again to 'turn it back on' but I only need to move the mouse.

Any ideas?

thanks from a new Vista user.

I have had thisproblem too. Your systems sleeps really, no concern about that, but some devices such as networkcards and the taskschedular can wake up your system. Your system is not off when slepping. Data in RAM remains and the computers waits for a signal and then asks Vista if it may awake.

So what to do?

1. Open taskschedular and tweak it to your needs.

2. At the driverproperities from your networkcard, you can select by advanced options not to wake up.

3. Also do this by your mouse device and only left wake from keyboard.

4. Go into the BIOS and select the S3 value and turn off "power off ... last state"