Windows XP Theme Disappeared

I have created a new install CD, I have just one problem the windows XP theme is missing and a couple of my devices don’t work until I reboot. I think it has something to do with one of the updates I have integrated If I try it with no updates its fine, has anyone come across this or knows which update causes it?

Check the update posts on this forum.

You're new here so I make it some easy:

Here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/HOTFIXES-UNLISTE...P2-t110439.html

Check it out ;)

I thought there's an update that won't work with Nlite. Check out the posts about Nlite.

And I have one usefull note to you and all other Nlite users (like me offcourse)

Nlite has some difficulties by handling the Catalogos roots properly. Why, i don't know exactly, but some CLSID's in a Nlited systems where out of date or contains some errors. This is not that bad, but some things could be diffrent than the FPP install.

1. With Vlite you could open only programs as admin in the startmenu himself and not in the Most Recent Programs Used List.

2. With Nlite, the AK0110 utility faisl to install on ATi's Xpress 200 chipsets (here). It won't hurt anything, but is some of strange behaviour due to an error somewhere in th install.

At august last year I've had made my last Nlited X64 DVD and it is still in function because I'd not slipstream the servicepack and why not? If a servicepack will install properly on the first boot-up, your Nlite mission is succesfull. Otherwise you don't know that and the install of SP2 on X64 takes only a mere 3 minutes and nothing longer (and my system is not brandnew). Use the "/nobackup" switch behind the installer and it flies and my Windows X64 setup is nothing slower. It still boots up like a charm such fast and that's the mission of Nlite. Tighten your Windows to fit your needs.

I still like Nlite :thumbup

Edited by Extravert

Oh, didn't know that :blushing:

Most when users said of "creating a new setup CD" they mean a Nlited CD.

Can you explain what happend exacly?

It is possible that some updates won't work with a custom pre-instal.

One advice in mint: Build a new one and don't intergrate updates beyond November 2007. Why not? The few updates that remains on the server where fast installed and it won't mess up your customized build. If Windows Update works, your mission is mostly a succes. A good test.

My Nlite version of 2003.X64 from august 2007 is still the best one. I've had build onother one at Januar 1, but this one won't work satisfactory for me. I don't know why, but my best experience is to slipstream not any update only drivers.

The nasty thing when you integrate drivers is that these where stored in the $oem folder and if you want to update a driver it automatically picks the one out of the $oem folder before you can cancel it such fast. Remove this folder when upgrading will help.

Some tips ;)

Edited by Extravert