How to disable USB Game Contollers

Hitman47

Hi all :hello:

I have 8 PCs running Win XP SP2. I dont want to allow people connect their USB Game controller/joysticks to play games on these PCs(only keyboard & mouse is allowed to play games) :realmad: as sometimes they connect 2 gamepads or play with 1 gamepad and keyboard and thus crowd the place :angry: .

So how can I disable it in windows so that even if they connect the joysticks, they should not work in Games or it should not detect at all. However USB mouse should work(thats why I just cant disable USB from bios). Also sometimes I need to use usb hdd & Pendrive.

Any solution??

Thanks in advance

open device mangier and connect the device you wish to disable go down to usb and the joystick will be listed click on the icon and a window will open at the bottom of it will say use this device (enable) click the drop down button and click disable the device now won't work until u rein able it.

(it may report the device not working witch is ok) also if something opens up when you insert the joystick like a window it shouldn't appear

doing this doesn't disable the usb only the device in this case the joystick. finally you don't need to do this to every usb opening just to one

device manager can be found in

start

my computer

(right click then click on manage)

click device manager

usb

really finally you probably need administrative rights / be an admin on your pc also it should name the joysticks but thats not guarentied

The joy stick might be under sound video and game controllers

Edited by jamescarroll