A very easy, but outmost usefull tip

Extravert

Hello and a nice and warm 2008.

I've had done many installations of Vista and I discovered a very easy tweak to let your Vista fly.

The trick is to do nothing. Huh, nothing? Yes, only use the defrag of Vista or schedule it.

Some spam here? Absolutely not.

I've discovered that the UserJrnl$Top data is very close to the filealignment on the disk.

If a thirt party derfragmenter defrag all the files and as example I took PerfectDisk.

PefectDisk has an excellent job in doing a boottime defrag and the surprise is that you

can't blame anyone, nor PerfectDisk.

After testing a defragmenter the machine boots up very slowly. Why? I don't know it

exactly. Not for one day, no, for ever. Clearing the prefetch folder harms Vista hard.

The tip is. Once installed. Leave it totally alone and schedule the defragmenter of

Vista himself.

Conclusion: Vista depends heavenly on the lay on the disk out who create it self

That's exacly the secret of superfetcher. Once I lack any other thirth party defragmenter

my system flies at boot. One line passes by on the bootscreen and 4 seconds later the

logonscreen is ready and no 'welcome' message to see. Loading times of heavy games

decreases slightly. More the work in Vista goes much faster with less noise of the seek

sound from the harddisk when another defragmneter did his job.

Can anybody explain me why this strategy is used.

This trick won't work in XP. XP always tooks advantage of a thirth party defragmenter.

Is my conlusion right?

Edited by Extravert