vLite 1.1RC makes Vista give a "0x00000024" BSOD

LeveL

Prog: vLite 1.1RC

BSOD: Non-descriptive "0x00000024" (Ntfs.sys). The BSOD is the generic message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

I can start vLite, browse to the source folder, then vLite asks which type of install to work on, Basic, Home, Business, Ultimate... about 3 seconds after I choose Ultimate, it gives the blue screen.

I tried it shutting off my firewall (Comodo) and anti-virus (NOD32) but it still gives the same BSOD.

Whats really sick is Microsoft even used the cleartype text on blue screens, WTF?

Don't think anyone apart from me is having this problem with it?

The only other 0x00000024 I can find (on the whole internet this is) is happening on XP and its not with vLite.

I shall try reverting back to the older vLite 1.1b

EDIT: Nope, same BSOD with vLite 1.1b which I know worked in the past. I even turned off every program, disconnected from the net and everything, still the same BSOD.

Ah well, I will install XP in VMware on a 30GB disk and do it that way, sigh.

Edited by LeveL

same happened to me. Both XP and Vista are crashing when Comodo v3 driver is installed. You need to uninstall the firewall before working with vlite

Aha, because even though you exit the firewall the driver is still running, hmmmm.

OK thanks, I knew it must have been something to do with Comodo v3.

Uninstall the antivirus, turning off doesn't help which is weird. Even more weird is that Nod32 and Comodo doesn't cause vLite bsod on my machine.

But I did have a BSOD on Vista RTM and never saw bsod on SP1 so maaybe they patched it. Or Comodo Defense+ is what causes it and I disable that.

Anyway lets report to the Comodo forums, they can help on their part since MS doesn't care. More info here: http://www.vlite.net/ news post "Reboot on browse"

Comodo post: http://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/bsod_...m-t17827.0.html