nLite vs RVMIntegrator 1.5

Phred

"The new integrator has new features that nlite doesn’t have. for example the new CREATECAB & EXPANDCAB allowing addon makers to edit different cabs other that driver & sp2."

and

"Also there is a new EDITFILE section of the script allowing addon makers to edit files that you can’t do with nlite"

Does this mean that nLite won't be able to process any future update/addon packs that use the new RVMI features?

Phred

Yes, who are they to decide on the standard, let them have it, only people who will have issues are the addon makers which have to decide will they make the addon for both tools (nLite functions) or just that thing.

Yes, who are they to decide on the standard, let them have it, only people who will have issues are the addon makers which have to decide will they make the addon for both tools (nLite functions) or just that thing.

Given that nLite has hundreds of features that RVMI doesn't have it would seem to me that nLite sets the standards. IMHO, the only thing of interest from RVM is the update pack and given the pain associated with that over the last several months, well.. With the slowing of XP patch activity from Microsoft and the close release of SP3 (cumulative through September) the RVM update pack for me will become irrelevant - I can stand AutoUpdate for a relatively small number of patches.

All the best for a happy New Year nuhi.

Phred

Edited by Phred