Changing Font On Setup Screens...wow, it worked

i am interested in changing the fonts on xp setup screens but could only find this reference that helped much at

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/70/

i imagine there is more...the web is a vast place.

however, the instructions state that two files in the I386 directory need to be edited, but do not say how.

these files are hivesft.inf and txtsetup.sif

using the code for the fonts tahoma and arial as a guide, i inserted lines for the font i wanted to try. it is the morpheus font.

i ended up inserting the following lines in the two files and then followed the procedure outlined at the link above.

i used a text editor with numbered lines for line location, it is not part of the code.

for hivesft.inf

LINE#

1278 HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts","%morpheus%",,"MORPHEUs.TTF"

3353 morpheus = "Morpheus (TrueType)"

for txtsetup.sif

LINE#

5442 morpheus.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,,1,22

13983 morpheus.ttf = 16

15553 "Morpheus (TrueType)" = MORPHEUS.TTF

the line numbers are not absolute, i beleive. they guide you to the parts of the files where the various lines of code for the font should be added.

i included the morpheus font in the install by putting the font in the I386 folder in a compressed form, morpheus.tt_

to create the compressed font i copied it to my c:\ drive and from a c:\> command prompt typed,

makecab morpheus.ttf

this should create a file named morpheus.tt_ on the c:\ drive. then copy it into the I386 directory of your install package.

i hope this information is usefull and not redundant.

urg