scrollbar on the taskbar bug

sirpelidor

Hi, I don't know how I got this. I'm suspecting it is some kind of bug from window update because my xp was fine under after window update from yesterday...

[before] supposedly, whenever I run a program, you'll see a window at the taskbar. If you open a many programs, those window will become smaller and smaller, and squeeze within that taskbar.

[now] when I run a program, a 2 scrollbars and 2 windows shows on my taskbar. one at the left by the start menu, the other one at the right by the traybar. It doesn't even require me to open many program to show the scrollbar, all I need just open 2, and there will be 2 scrollbars and 4 windows.

[fix] I went to google around, and I think I'm able to fix half of the problem:

right click taskbar-->uncheck (lock task bar) -->in task bar vertical dot lines will appear which can move around across task bar -->move the one with scroll bar(that has jamed open programs ) to left and all of them will appear one by one through task bar and then scroll bar will dissapper.

[unfinish business]

the above method helped me remove the scroll bar by the start menu, but somehow the scrollbar (and the window) by the traybar still there. Right now, say if I open 2 program. the window icon looks fine by the start menu, but I'll see the exact same window icons with scrollbar by the traybar.

Any thoughts on that?

thank you.