Bootable iso...

gmillynn

Hi,

I've created a streamlined windows xp professional install using nlite. However, I can't seem to create a bootable Iso or CD. I tried all the available options via nlite, including the FAQ method using cdimage.exe. None of the CDs or Iso images will auto boot when I restart my computer or open them in Daemon Tools. Especially discouraging was using nlites direct burn method, which promised a bootable CD!!! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Gavin.

Thanks for the replies. I've made some progress. I found instructions for making a bootable windows cd and it required an additional boot file and complex burn process. So I have made a Cd that starts the windows install process. However, after booting the initial drivers in the blue dos environment, the eeepc simply shuts off. Any ideas how to solve this?

Normally nLite does all these things for you.

Assuming you have a Windows XP install folder (mine is called WinXP) with at least an I386 (or AMD64) subfolder:

-you can just enter WinXP on the second page of nLite, select Bootable ISO on the fourth page, and create the image

The ISO image should have all you need (nLite uses %ProgramFiles(x86)%\nLite\boot.bin)

After you burn the image (using a real image burning mode) it should work

Did you test this with:

-A Vanilla WinXP CD?

-An ISO made with nLite from a vanilla WinXP installation set (WinXP\I386 etc)?