Zone Alarm Anti-spyware switch

eddie11013

Zone labs had a one day “give away” for Zone Alarm Anti-spyware, which can be found here: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/cat...u_list_zaas.jsp , if you click on the ‘Download Trial’. From past experience, I know that the regular ‘free‘ zone alarm firewall will install with the following switches: /s /noreboot , however you get a pop up that says: “Could not find Config File C:\Documents“. Once you click ‘OK’, the unattended install will continue, and za will install. Of course you no longer have an “unattended” install. LOL. Anyone know of a way around this issue. The regular, free firewall for za can be found here: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/cat...=US〈=en I assume whatever works for one will work for the other. I did see something on their website that may suggest: /s /noreboot /pwinstset

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or guidance,

Eddie

Edited by eddie11013

Thanks for suggestion, however I do already have Ad-Aware & Spybot as stand alone scanners, and the issue wasn't so much about ZA's anti-spyware, since I got it free, but ZA's firewall, which of course is also free. They being one and the same, the issue was how to install it 'silently'.

Thanks again,

Eddie

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if this works:

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/switch/30/

Thanks in advance,

Eddie

Hi Eddie, I have tried the link above and it does work. These are the lines from my silent ZA Pro installer.

@ECHO OFF

ECHO Installing ZoneAlarm Professional 7.0.337

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Zonelabs\zapSetup_70_408_000_en.exe /s /i /lickey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx /noreboot

As for your original post... The "could not find config File C:\Documents" could be due to the space in C:\Documents and Settings. To resolve this, enclose the path in quotes. Example: "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Zonelabs" or whatever the path may be.

Thanks for replying. I've actually never used a batch file before. But I'm certainly willing to learn. I created one based on that write up that I posted, as follows:

ECHO.

ECHO Installing ZoneAlarm Free 7.0.408.000

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zaZA_Setup_en.exe /s /noreboot

And the address would be: C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm

And I put the 'exe' and the batch file into this 'ZoneAlarm' folder.

Is this correct?

Thanks again for any help you can give me, HK 10/100

And the address would be: C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm

No, the path on your installation source will be $OEM$\$1\Install\Applications\Zone...blah, which will be copied during setup to the root of the drive where you will install Windows, so probably C:\, and there the full path would be C:\Install\Applications\Zone...blah. See the $OEM$ guide here for more information.

A little help, please. What am I doing wrong.

Latest Attempt - Saved as ZoneAlarm.cmd

@ECHO OFF

ECHO.

ECHO Installing ZoneAlarm Free 7.0.408.000

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Zone Labs\zaZA_Setup_en.exe /s /noreboot

Address: $OEM$\$1\Install\Applications\Zone Labs

I put the ‘exe’ & the ‘.cmd’ into this folder

Also added the following to “i386: winnt.sif:

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\Install\ZoneAlarm.cmd

Testing with ‘Virtual Box’, on first boot I receive the following error message:

C:\Install\ZoneAlarm.cmd

Windows cannot find ‘C:\Install\ZoneAlarm.cmd’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. Etc....

Thanks for any assistance,

Eddie

PS: Resolved, put ZoneAlarm.cmd into $1\Install folder & changed "\Zone Labs" to \ZoneLabs & put zaZA_Setup_en.exe into "\Applications\ZoneLabs" folder

Thanks

Edited by eddie11013