Windows XP SP3 RC1 3244

pawan

Integrated SP3 RC1 build 3244 in XP source, everything went fine, including all the drivers, but setupact.log comeup with error :

Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\tscupgrd.exe] is not signed properly
by Microsoft. This file has been restored to the correct Microsoft version to maintain system stability.
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\tscupgrd.exe] is not signed properly
by Microsoft. This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.

Anyone here can help in this regards? :whistle:

Well, first things first, and I have to ask - did you use nlite or something else to mod the install before or after slipstreaming sp3? Also, tscupgrd.exe is only there to upgrade the mstsc client from 2000 to XP, so it's not what I'd call a critical error, either.

It complains because it is expecting version 5.1.2600.0 (SP0) of tscupgrd.exe. Up til SP2 the file has always been updated. However, SP3 doesn't include this file and whichever one you have in the source you used won't be changed. So if you use a source with SP2 already to slipstream then it will have a version of 5.1.2600.2180. I tried with a source with SP0 (no service packs) and it didn't complain about version 5.1.2600.0.

Edited by redxii