Ghost 11 Multiboot CD

bluethunder

Has anyone had any luck creating a Ghost multiboot CD with Ghost 11, a.k.a. Ghost Solution Suite 2.0. If so, I would greatly appreciate any information regarding this. We have Dell 745's that we have been using diskettes with when first imaging, and I would love to get back to CD's. Luckily, these came with floppy disk drives. Now that we have more 745's and some 755's that did not come with floppy drives. We do have some USB floppy drives, but it will take forever to image a lab. I know if I put it in legacy mode, it will pick up the CD, but I do not know how to make a muliboot CD with this version of Ghost. I have created mulitboot cd's with Ghost 8, but that seems to be the only one I can find information on.

Thank you.

This might not help because I don't have Ghost 11 but I know that some previous versions were based on Win/BartPE which is fairly easy to add to your disc.

If this is the case then all you need to do is search this forum.

If not then you might be able to turn your floppy discs into a CD.

I'll give that a try. One of the things I like about Ghost 11 is that it loads the Ghost executable into RAM. The problem is that it splits it up into 2 diskettes, and needs them both to load the executable. As you're aware, on previous versions, the executable may have been on one disk while everything else is on another.

the Ghost boot wizard gives you and option to create a cd iso to use for imaging, cpaturing, deploying, multicasting, etc.

You can also create a Windows PE 2 cd and add the Ghost32 executable to it and ghost from a 32 bit environment.

Not sure what you are using multiboot for.

Thanks for the info. I have tried the Ghost boot wizard, but I was unable to get that to work. I will give the Windows PE 2 a try. The reason we need multiboot CD's is not all of our comptuers and laptops have the same NIC cards. Also, we have some machines that are not currently connected to our network. We have a method to image these, but we still need the CD's with drivers...and I personally do not want to have different sets of CD's laying around with different drivers when they can all be placed on one.

Thank you.

make a 2.88 floppy image that holds ghost 11 (about 1.8 mb) and some universal dvd drivers (ex. uide.sys). Insert this image as a boot-loader in a dvd-disk including the * .gho backup too. Modify DOS files to run completely from a ramdrive name it drive W: so as to include more dos applications (... 7tools, pm , fdisk, mbr....).

- get a boot floppy with some DOS version (maybe win98 boot floppy or any made from ghost bootwizard)

- extract the image from floppy by winimage

- change format of the floppy image from 1,44 to 2,88

- insert all stuff (ghost11, ...) in the larger floppy image

- put a ramdrive driver and a universal dvd driver in your floppy image and add respective lines to config.sys and autoexec.bat

- open ultraiso/magiciso, make a new dvd image, insert the floppy image as bootloader (hidden from windows explorer), add the gho backup and burn it.

• 3 months later...