RunOnceEx on Server2003

When I try to use RunOnceEx method with server2003 it seems that it is skipped completely because there is this "setting personal settings for internet explorer" thingy that also runs when you are getting to desktop for first time, exactly at same time when RunOnceEx is supposed to run...

Is this some "server" feature that can be disabled from winnt.sif or do I need to kickstart it or RunOnceEx earlier somehow, I remember doing something like that when installing IE6SP1 on Windows 2000 from SVCPACK...

Using Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition and I'm going to use it at workstation.

I don't use automatic tools like HFSLIP or nLite... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

What you're talking about is active setup. Anything set to 0 for installed is run at first logon then set to 1. Runonceex does work in server 2003. There is a server 2003 runonceex example on my website that works fine.

-gosh

@gosh:

Lot of intresting stuff on your website...

I haven't found the server 2003 runonceex example yet but if I run this command:

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

RunOnceEx is executed before the restart and problem should be solved?

Or is it just for testing RunOnceEx?

Edit:Seems to work...

I actually forgot "RunOnceEx.cmd" on CMDLINES.TXT...

How can I be so stupid? Sorry for meaningless topic.

Edited by TooMuchFreeTime

runonceexprocess was created to "flush" out the runonceex key. runonceex is processed on startup by explorer.exe. Because setup doesn't run the shell setup has to manually "flush" anything built up in the runonceex key. It does this after the optional components are all installed. So anything added to the key is flushed at the 13 min mark, and then of course on first logon when explorer runs.

-gosh