Windows vs. Mac

Tizlox

I'm going to come straight off the bat here with my first post - I despise mac's. I hate using them, I hate the GUI, but most of all I hate the iEverything craze and the obsessive fanbase.

Unfortuntly, I made the mistake of posting an article about this, and made my feelings public.

The article actually did quite well! Its the most popular post on digg software in the last 24hrs by a clear 600%.

Except...its not showing on the toplist, but of a mac user invasion.

If any of you are signed up to digg, please take a look at this;

http://digg.com/software/Why_you_can_take_...it_up_your_iAss

If you agree with anything Im saying, please give it a digg.

Also, can be nsfw - no bad pictures, just a bit of vulgar language :P

Oh, and hi all!

I, too, do not like macs in the least. I think your iArticle was a bit ranty, but it was interesting none the less. The iToilet was funny. :D

Some reasons I don't like Crapple Inc:

• Mac users. They can't shut the f*** up about their lovely macs. They'll ask you "Do you like macs or PCs?" and if you say PCs, then they'll spend >20 telling you why you're stupid and why they're so great. It's just a freakin' computer, guys!
  • Cost. Compare an iMac with a PC. For some reason, macs are always much more expensive; who knows why.
  • Customizations and upgrading. With a PC, you can build your own, buy one from any number of different manufacturers, and if you want to upgrade or something, you open it up and do what you want. With macs, it's all one company, and heaven forbid that you want to actually open the case, let alone replace something!
  • The interface of OSX. Now, this might just be because I'm used to Windows and Linux, no OSX, but still. Specifically...
    • The menu bar is always at the very top of the screen. That's fine with maximized windows - more on that in a moment - but when you have smaller windows on a big screen, it's a pain to have to go all the way up to the top to click "File > Save As" or whatever.
    • Control over the windows is abysmal. The little green orb doesn't actually maximize like one would think. Instead, it switches between arbitrary window size one and arbitrary window size two. That's probably because it's hard to determine what to maximize to when you have...
    • The dock in the way all the time. If you set it to auto-hide, it's not there when you want it, and if you don't, it's always in your way. Also, another problem I have with the dock involves restoring and minimizing. When you minimize a window, it goes to the dock as a thumbnail. When you click on it, it disappears from the dock. That's fine and all, but what happens when you switch from one window to another without minimizing the first one? It doesn't go to the dock, it just stays there, making it very hard to keep track of open windows. Open programs are worse...
    • When you exit the last window for a program, does it close the app as one would expect? Nope, it stays open, with a little indicator underneath the icon in the dock, and the program doesn't actually exit until you click on its menu bar and choose Appname > Close. Why bother with the extra step?
    • There is no easy keyboard combo like Ctrl+Alt+Del. Yes, you can press cloverleaf+option+alt+esc+random other keys to open the quit force dialog, but in windows you get the whole windows security dialog, with the option to lock the computer (another feature not easy to find in Mac OS), change your password without having to wade through many different dialogs, open the task manager easily, and log off or shutdown - all from one dialog accessed by one quick 3-key action. Not to mention Ctrl+Alt+Del and secure logons. There's no way to hide your username at the logon prompt on a mac.

[*]The iPhone. Too expensive. And bricks too easily. You can mod your PC to death, do whatever, but with an iPhone, one little change bricks ya'.

[*]Those d***ed ads. Instead of focusing on why PCs are bad, why not focus on why macs are good? Oh, that's right, because there is no reason.

Well, that's all my rantage for now. I leave you with an image and a link:

Link

post-128497-1194807804_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

hi i loved your rant on macs athough i do like the ipod but that is my opinion. I was just wondering if i can put i link to that on my own site it would be muchly appreciated. thanks

Edited by sid169