Run multiple cmd files

Hi guys, hopefully a quick one.

under my xp unattended installs i used to use a modular approach to installing apps and registry tweaks.

I would have a seperate batch file for each application in the installs folder which would allow me to quickly add or remove single applications.

This would be launched using something along these lines:

for %%? in (%AppsRoot%\Install\*.cmd) DO (Start /wait ???????)

which would just run each .cmd file in the specified directory.

I don't currently have access to my old unattended stuff and searching hasn't given me a definate answer so i would be grateful if someone would be able to tell me the correct command to use this in vista from autounattend.xml

Cheers

Dan

you have many options here to install apps and apply tweaks. read that Firegeier Guide first.

you can install apps and tweaks in Audit phase, in Setupcomplete.cmd agter setups finishes or at firs logon with FirstLogonCommands.

im trying the last two methods and everything works great.

i will try using runonceex like in xp but i have to do other things first.

thankyou. i realise that i have several options to install apps. however i want to do it a particular way.

What i am after is a working command which will find all the the .cmd files in a certain directory and run each one seperately.

I will also then do the same with all the .reg files in a certain directory and again with all my self created .msi files.

This way i dont have to keep editing the autounattend.xml, i can just drop new files into my install directories and re-create my iso.

Can anyone help? I tried a few commands after digging out my xp install.cmd but they all failed.

if only microsoft would allows us to do that it will be great. but i think there is no option to do that at all.

you can keep a main cmd file (maybe setupcomplete.cmd) and add all of you reg and cmd files to it. this way, you may only need to update the cmd files that requieres a change like the one you can keep with your applications or tweaks.