Open File - Security Warning

wdrspens

Running Vista Ultimate I have come across an annoying glitch.

If I try to run a particular program that does not have a valid signature (although it is perfectly safe) I get the warning under the above heading:

"The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" I am then given the name and location of the program with a check box which is ticked by default asking "Always ask before opening this file"

I remove the tick from that check box, and get the program to run, but the next time I run the program I get the same annoying screen. The tick or check box seems to have no useful effect.

Is there anything I can do to tell Vista that I trust the program and would like it to run each time I ask it to run without being asked the annoying question?

Thanks

David

Edited by wdrspens

Running Vista Ultimate I have come across an annoying glitch.

If I try to run a particular program that does not have a valid signature (although it is perfectly safe) I get the warning under the above heading:

"The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" I am then given the name and location of the program with a check box which is ticked by default asking "Always ask before opening this file"

That message or similar has been introduced with Windows XP Service Pack 2. If you download with Internet Explorer, you must right click on the file that was downloaded and click "Unblock". (or similar)