Returning Folders to Web Style

I have RP7 on my Win98SE computer, everything has been working except that when I now open a folder, (forgive me for the non techie explanation) only the icons are visible not the section on the left 25% which shows the folder name, plus what each icon is when I highlight it. How can I get this Web Style functionality, I think, back? Please make your reply easy to follow. Thanks.

RP7 or not, the method should be the same. While you have a folder open, select the "Views" tab from the toolbar and select "View as a web page". You can also access this option through Folder Options. With RP installed, Go to Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel. Make sure all common Control Panel options are shown. There, you will see Folder Options. Classic view is with no webview, I believe. The other option (can't remember what it is, but there's only two for RP7) is the web view.

Maybe you already got an answer for this, but I thought I'd post anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
RP7 or not, the method should be the same. While you have a folder open, select the "Views" tab from the toolbar and select "View as a web page". You can also access this option through Folder Options. With RP installed, Go to Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel. Make sure all common Control Panel options are shown. There, you will see Folder Options. Classic view is with no webview, I believe. The other option (can't remember what it is, but there's only two for RP7) is the web view.

Maybe you already got an answer for this, but I thought I'd post anyway.

Though I try to always have Revolutions Pack installed on my machine, there have been times when I'll have to uninstall it for a little while and then try installing it again. In those in-between times, I too have noticed that webview doesn't work anymore, and I just hate the regular view. In other words, Daniel-J, this solution doesn't always work :no:

Ah yes...I had the same problem after I removed Revolutions Pack Seven Componets. For the most part I had webview, but there were a few folders (Windows and System folders, for example) that did not have webview. In this case, What you need to do is go to Start > Run and in the box type Regsvr32 webvw.dll and then you have the option once again to have webview back! Next time you uninstall RP, try it! It should work. I had to uninstall RP for good. I'm back to the Windows 98 basics! I actually like it. It's a nice "old fashioned" feeling. One might even say...Retro. Isn't that right, RetroOS?! :hello: