Problem with OS choices menu (RIS)

dcarr25

Hi,

I have got a very strange problem.

I have my RIS server up and running and fully functional.

I have two types of computer in the business a IBM Netvista and a batch of custom machines

When I boot the Netvista, select F12, log on to the RIS server the OS choices menu appears which allows me to select from a number of possible images to use.

However, when I boot from the custom machine, select F12, log on to the RIS server the OS choices menu does not appear? Instead it goes into deploying what I can only assue is the default image.

This is obviously machine specifc, but what would cause this? I have checked all the local settings on the machine and it does as I say log on to the RIS server, it just does not show the list of possible images?

Any ideas guys? Im pulling my hair out here!!! Thanks

You write that you have an IBM-installation and the Custum installation. Could it be that your IBM-installation is a image that you have created, where e.g. the diskspace is very large and your custum machines do not have this storage-capacity.

RIS automatically hides the images, that is "incompatible" with the current hardware on the current installation.