Get rid of these auto-created folders.

Hellas, my first post. I hope I won't be poked for it...

Anyways, I'm really annoyed about some folders which are auto-created by windows at the "DefaultProgramsDir(x86)" and x64

(These path you can change in the registry, to choose another defult location that "c:\Programm files" etc...)

I changed it to "D:\Programs_32" and "D:\Programs_64" and windows creates all the time empty folder in the new default path, with no content or empty folders in it.

I mean these:

* D:\Programs_32\msn gaming zone
* D:\Programs_32\movie maker
* D:\Programs_32\outlook express
* D:\Programs_32\windows nt
* D:\Programs_64\outlook express
* D:\Programs_64\windows nt

Well, they don't harm anyone, but it is annoying, that i can't delete them.

A second thing i don't understand is, why do all default programs have the property "Execute at" set to "%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%"

If i change the DefaultProgramsDir to something else, i'll get as a result broken links/icons in the startmenu, until i started these programs once.

Maybe someone else is annoyed by this, and can give me a hint to fix these things.

Regards, 0xFFFFFF

• 4 months later...

Hellas, my first post. I hope I won't be poked for it...

Anyways, I'm really annoyed about some folders which are auto-created by windows at the "DefaultProgramsDir(x86)" and x64

(These path you can change in the registry, to choose another defult location that "c:\Programm files" etc...)

I changed it to "D:\Programs_32" and "D:\Programs_64" and windows creates all the time empty folder in the new default path, with no content or empty folders in it.

I mean these:

* D:\Programs_32\msn gaming zone
* D:\Programs_32\movie maker
* D:\Programs_32\outlook express
* D:\Programs_32\windows nt
* D:\Programs_64\outlook express
* D:\Programs_64\windows nt

Well, they don't harm anyone, but it is annoying, that i can't delete them.

A second thing i don't understand is, why do all default programs have the property "Execute at" set to "%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%"

If i change the DefaultProgramsDir to something else, i'll get as a result broken links/icons in the startmenu, until i started these programs once.

Maybe someone else is annoyed by this, and can give me a hint to fix these things.

Regards, 0xFFFFFF

0xFFFFFF,

I am running into the same problem as you for the homedrive homepath issue.

I am coding a small autoit proggy to solve this.

you will simply need to add it to the default user runonce.... simple and easy. no fancy thing.

if you are still in need of that simply PM me.

R.