Another bad X1950xt?

RJM

Yes, the fan is working, as a matter of fact on the day that it went bad, I noticed that the power supply fan was speeding up for a few seconds while the computer was booting (it had never done this before!).

After you get another power supply, you may still be required to reformat and reinstall Windows, because of the driver data being corrupted or not for your hardware.

Yes, the fan is working, as a matter of fact on the day that it went bad, I noticed that the power supply fan was speeding up for a few seconds while the computer was booting (it had never done this before!).

After you get another power supply, you may still be required to reformat and reinstall Windows, because of the driver data being corrupted or not for your hardware.

Or I could just restore from a disk image that I had made two months ago.

Much less painful.

Edited by RJM

Or I could just restore from a disk image that I had made two months ago.

Much less painful.

Did you change the video card to one with a different GPU?

If you did, then you may be required to reinstall the Microsoft way. Sorry. :(

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Same GPU, Installed the new power supply last night and all is right with the world and my computer!

I'm glad it was the power supply, I was running out of ideas.

Another interesting item - After my PC came up with the new power supply on the disk image that I had made two months ago I tried to reinstall Oblivion with Daemon tools from an ISO (4.19 GB) that I had made from the DVD and stored on a NTFS partition. (All my other partitions are FAT32).

Oblivion would not run from the virtual drive so I put in the disk and installed it. It ran fine.

I then shut down my computer and the next time that I restarted it I got the same Not less than or equal stop 0x00000000 Error. WTF?

I then ran msconfig to stop my ATI drivers from loading which was the only way that I could get my PC to boot before replacing the power supply, same error. WTF again!

I then disabled all startup items and my PC booted fine.

I went through each startup item disabling them one at a time until I solved the problem by disabling Daemon tools ( I was trying to load a 4.19GB file into a FAT 32 file system).

Strange how two separate problems can give you the same error.

and no I had never loaded the ISO before.