PC Game Compatibility list

DosFreak

Hey guys, I've been a browser (but not really a poster) of the forums for the last couple of years. Decided to post a link to my PC Game Compatibility list to get your thoughts.

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=8784

The list first started out as a simple text file and began with NT4/2000 Beta 3 testing all the way back in 1999. I didn't have the list sooner than that because although my collection was big PC gaming wasn't as convulted as it is today. If it was a DOS game I would just boot into DOS mode in Windows 98. If it was a Windows game and didn't require D3D then I'd just play it in NT4. When Windows 2000 came out combining the stability of NT with the gaming support of 9x then things started to come together.

As you can see from the list I've put Windows 98 back on this list but I haven't gotten around to testing it since obviously 98 isn't used that much. NT4 is still on the list and I do some testing every once in awhile but testing has primarily been focused on the newer operating systems. (XP/2003 64bit, Vista 32/64bit).

Just thought I'd post a link here in case you guys didn't know about it and if you have any thoughts on the list.

P.S. No comments on bashing the excel list. Eventually in some distance future it will be put into a database but an spreadsheet is very portable and easier for the enduser if they wish to modify it themselves.